Delivered to your inbox
Easy to unsubscribe and no spam, promise.
Or follow on Twitter, RSS.
#02 - Life before death, strength before weakness, ...
... journey before pancakes. (Brandon Sanderson, Oathbringer)
Welcome to another edition of NixOS "Weekly" News -- we're still working on that weekly bit and I've half a mind to amend the quote to add "monthly before weekly".
Let me start by addressing everyone who helped put this edition together: By creating the content and helping collect items, you make the newsletter possible. Thank you.
Contributions for future editions are more than welcome. One way to help is by editing a release; we've added an Editor's Guide to help you.
There are some exciting things happening in the community, and I hope you'll agree.
This includes renaming Nix 1.12 to 2.0
Relevant are Eelco's slides fron NixCon and associated talk about the changes.
Google Summer of Code is coming up
...and looking for mentors. Please submit PRs at GSoC 2018 project ideas.
- Danial Barlow is developing NixWRT 
- Stackage nixpkgs overlays by Dmitry Bushev
- Syntax highlighting Nix expressions in mcedit by Sander van der Burg
- Diagnosing problems and running maintenance tasks in a network with services deployed by Disnix by Sander van der Burg
- OneDrive on NixOS using Docker by Nathan Bijnens
- (French) Journal le "style fonctionnel" en vidéos (Nix, NixOS, Haskell) (Video, Code) by nokomprendo
- Linux Distributions, Part 1: NixOS by Guillaume Salvan
- Introduction to NixOS by @hackoflamb
- Provisioning a NixOS server from macOS by zw3rk
- Installing NixOS by Andrew McCluskey
|||described as "won't be big or professional like OpenWRT"|
A collection of NixOS modules covering hardware quirks.
The respository has been seeing a lot of work being done in last months leading by @yegortimoshenko (Yegor Timoshenko).
Check it out and contribute your own hardware-configuration.nix
A complete and Simple Nixos Mailserver
You can help shape NixOS Weekly Newsletter too! Create or comment on the pull request for the next edition or loot at the issue tracker to add other improvements.