Easy to unsubscribe and no spam, promise.
Or follow on Twitter, RSS.
Welcome to another edition of NixOS "Weekly" News -- we're still working on that weekly bit and I've half a mind to amend the quote to add "monthly before weekly".
Let me start by addressing everyone who helped put this edition together: By creating the content and helping collect items, you make the newsletter possible. Thank you.
Contributions for future editions are more than welcome. One way to help is by editing a release; we've added an Editor's Guide to help you.
There are some exciting things happening in the community, and I hope you'll agree.
This includes renaming Nix 1.12 to 2.0
Google Summer of Code is coming up
...and looking for mentors. Please submit PRs at GSoC 2018 project ideas.
- Danial Barlow is developing NixWRT 
- Stackage nixpkgs overlays by Dmitry Bushev
- Syntax highlighting Nix expressions in mcedit by Sander van der Burg
- Diagnosing problems and running maintenance tasks in a network with services deployed by Disnix by Sander van der Burg
- OneDrive on NixOS using Docker by Nathan Bijnens
- (French) Journal le "style fonctionnel" en vidéos (Nix, NixOS, Haskell) (Video, Code) by nokomprendo
- Linux Distributions, Part 1: NixOS by Guillaume Salvan
- Introduction to NixOS by @hackoflamb
- Provisioning a NixOS server from macOS by zw3rk
- Installing NixOS by Andrew McCluskey
|||described as "won't be big or professional like OpenWRT"|
A collection of NixOS modules covering hardware quirks.
The respository has been seeing a lot of work being done in last months leading by @yegortimoshenko (Yegor Timoshenko).
Check it out and contribute your own hardware-configuration.nix
A complete and Simple Nixos Mailserver