Delivered to your inbox
Easy to unsubscribe and no spam, promise.
Or follow on Twitter, RSS.
#03 - A tree with strong roots ...
... laughs at storms. (Nnedi Okorafor, Binti: The Night Masquerade)
Welcome to another edition of NixOS "Weekly" Newsletter! Thank you to everyone who helped make this happen.
NixOS 18.03 release approaching
Mog has set up an unofficial redbubble store for various NixOS items (T-shirts, stickers, banners).
Workgroups are used to facilitate working on components of the Nix ecosystems. As of this writing there exists:
- container workgroup: "building (minimal) OCI containers from the nixpkgs ecosystem."
- router workgroup: running NixOS on your router.
Tracking RISC-V support in the Nix world
Note the followup message linking the publicly visible boards:
Patreon to support the NixOS OfBorg infrastructure
This supports @grhmc's work on the OfBorg tooling.
- Deploying systems with circular dependencies using Disnix by Sander van der Burg
- Haskell developer experience in NixOS by Roman Kuznetsov
- XMonad and Taffybar on NixOS using Stack by Dennis Gosnell
- Install VirtualBox on NixOS by Dennis Gosnell
- Parity as a service on NixOS by Alexander Krupenkin
- nix-update for Emacs - An Emacs command for updating fetch declarations in place
- simple-hydra - A simple module for enabling Hydra
- groking-hydra - A repository of collecting insight about hydra
- dhall-build - A Dhall interface to the Nix build system
- nix-update - A script to update package in nixos automagically
- Disnix - Disnix 0.8 released
Events / Meetups
- ComcastLabs Connect: Functional Programming
- When: March 9
- Where: Philadelphia PA, USA
- What: Among other functional programming topics, Susan Potter (@SusanPotter) is speaking on Functional Operations: Packaging, system/configuration building, and testing infrastructure with [Nix] lambdas